Thursday, April 10, 2008

First Time

After a year of thinking about this blog I finally decided to just dive in. No rhyme, no reason, no particular pattern - just a few of my first shots with a new digital camera.

A sweetgum tree in our backyard:



Backyard gazebo:



Wind chime near the kitchen window, sometimes peaceful, sometimes noisy:



Pretty, but I don't know what it is. My wife planted them in the backyard and they pop up in the spring:



In addition to learning how to use the features on this camera, I'll also have to unlearn some of what I know from shooting film for forty years and learn how to get what I want from digital. I will also try to learn how to use Photoshop.

1 comment:

velvet said...

Hey, it's great to see that you finally got your photo blog going. Nice shots!

It does take a while to make the transition from film to digital, mentally. Have fun with your new toy! ;-)