Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sugarland

The headliner for my radio station's summer concert was Sugarland, a very popular country music duo.



I usually have pretty good access for this event, but I did not have an official photo pass this time. Security people at concert venues are trained to not allow pro cameras into the seating area; my new digital camera is more or less a pro camera but it doesn't look like one because the usual lens I use isn't all that long. The first set of tickets I had weren't all that close to the stage, so I put my camera back in the car before Sugarland took the stage because I didn't want to get hassled about the camera.

Silly me. Right before Sugarland came out, a co-worker came up with 5th row seats! Because I didn't have my camera with me any more, she gave me hers. It's a decent camera but not as good as mine for capturing moving subjects with tricky lighting.

I did get a few decent shots, however, and enhanced them a bit with Photoshop.







And these were taken earlier in the day with my "good" camera.

Sugarland's "set list":




One of our DJs on stage:


Our staff backstage with the band. I'm the one on the left who needs to lose 25 pounds.



The promotion crew did a "no rain" dance:


It didn't work ... at first. It did stop raining right after the gates opened.

No comments: